Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I signed a docusign email to enlist the services of a home

Customer Question

I signed a docusign email to enlist the services of a home inspector. The inspection has not been done yet. It will be next tuesday. I want out of the contract but there is no time listed in the contract to withdraw. Can I
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. Thank you for using JUST ANSWERYou did not finish your question, but it was probably asking if you can get out of the contract at this stage. My answer is: Probably not. Once the offer has been accepted by both buyer and seller, the contract becomes enforceable at law by either one of them, unless there is specific language that permits one or the other to withdraw. Absent that, if you withdraw from the contract at this point, you are risking a lawsuit damages and/or specific performance .

I know this is not an answer you were hoping to hear, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide our customers with correct answers.