Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am coming back home to Texas. I am purchasing a home in

Customer Question

I am coming back home to Texas. I am purchasing a home in Bulverde Texas. I am suppose to close on Nov. 30th. I have packed up everything I own and am staying with a friend until the close. A few days before I left CA to come here I got a call from my realtor telling me of a potential glitch which may delay closing. He said that apparently the seller does not have clear title to the property. My question is shouldn't the seller's agent have know this well before a week or two before closing? Is the not part of Real Estate 101?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Texas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: What kind of paperwork?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the answer to my question and what can be done about it.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 13 days ago.

I am very sorry to hear that. Yes I agree the seller should have known about this issue. However sometimes these title if you'd only come up when they are doing a title search and insurance policy. If they do not go to the sale then You could have a strong claim for breach of contract.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 days ago.

If you have any further questions just let me know, otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.