WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Many days ago, I was conecting with you about a legal

Customer Question

Many days ago, I was conecting with you about a legal problem my husband and I have with a lot for a house in South Phoenix. But at that time I had problems with my computer and didn't continue.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Phoenix AZ
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: A lawyer company filed to pay the accumulated taxes of 7 yrs., but we paid them a day before that comp. could take possesion. After that , they ask for to pay their expenses and we did it, promessing to cancel the file and they did it. Our problem is, we didn't pay the mortgage for all those yrs. and dosen't appear in my husband credit report. He has olmost a perfect credit score. We were trying to sell that lot, but the title search shows a lien from the original mortgage company
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: WE want to clean the title, but we are afraid that cn affect the score of the credit report.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 3 months ago.

You can go tot he original mortgage company and request a settlement with them to remove the cloud on your title. You may have to pay them something, but at this point, they would take substantially less than the amount of the unpaid mortgage.

Alternatively, you can sell the property with the lien still on it and sell it "as is" and negotiate a discounted price with the buyer to assume whatever claims the original mortgage company is making.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 months ago.