Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I just purchased a house and need to break a lease contract.

Customer Question

I just purchased a house and need to break a lease contract. Is there something that first time home buyer can ask to break lease contract?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Ca
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No, not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, lanlord is in Ca. There is a person who manage the property but i pay rent directly to landlord. I talked to property mangager about my condition but has not officially discussed with landlord
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 15 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 15 days ago.

You need to submit and email or letter to the management company here explaining your chance in circumstances and seeking to resolve this matter.If you lease here has some kind of opt out in the even of purchase then you have additional options.You need to try and force resolution if possible so you can proceed to close.

You will need to give them a date you will be moving and see if they would agree to terminate the lease.This would avoid having collection activity on your record.In most cases landlord here will work with you.They likely keep your deposit for lost rent.Hopefully they will agree to release you from the lease , you may have to agree to chowing the property while living there to resolve all of this.

If necessary ask the management company to speak to landlord directly , it is important that you resolve this so you can close and mo0ve forward with the house.Make sure you get written confirmation of any release from the lease for your records.And check your lease to see if there are any ots to release you from the lease.You will need to give them firm termination date here so they are able to release it.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 15 days ago.

You can aegue here that the premises are unsafe for your children and the house is not working out for you.

Expert:  Ray replied 15 days ago.

You can argue here that the premises are unsafe for your children and the house is not working out for you.

Expert:  Ray replied 15 days ago.

I wish you the best here with the new house.If you can positive rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated.