Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I own a Board And Care Facility in Oakland,Ca. The owner has

Customer Question

I own a Board And Care Facility in Oakland,Ca. The owner has given me rights to Sub-lease the property to other residents. The owner recently told me that I was going to have to remove the resident, and down size the 4BDR with multiple residents in the house that I have a lease/month to Month rental agreement with. After doing what the owner requested by providing 30 Day notices/60 Day Notices to various residents. (Note: The property manager has given me 10 houses with just his word, without a contract. He trusted me and then started to get greedy with my clients, by forcing me out of a written lease agreement/ taking the residents that I have in the property, and telling them not to pay me rent. He has me literally not sleeping because of breaching our written/verbal agreement.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California Oakland,Ca
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes he broke our contract by going and speaking with the tenants telling them to lock me out of the Board and Care (Illegaly) to take my clints in the facility,and have them not pay rent to me, but to him to Illegally evict me for failure to pay
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I was served by him (A Otice Of Termination Of Tenacy) by the Property owner
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what outcome are you seeking at this point?

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 days ago.

awaiting your reply so I can focus the answer to your specific question.