How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 55403
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a judgment against me on November 8/2016 from

Customer Question

Hi, I received a judgment against me on November 8/2016 from Marin County Superior court for $165,000.00 civil penalties, plus an order to abate the illegal in-law units on my property, which was built over 30 years ago. years ago.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california, marin county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i don't know what do you mean and where ? my attorney hasn't filed anything regarding appeal, as he is not skilled in those area of law
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want to know the cost and if there is any merit to file an appeal
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry I need to opt out on this.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 months ago.

Different expert here.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 months ago.

was the judgment issued on default? without your having a chance to defend it. If so, you can file a motion to vacate for that reason, and then litigate the case, often can settle for less, or if they lack back up documents, have it dismissed. Kindly rate me positively.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 months ago.

thanks in advance and happy holidays.

Related Real Estate Law Questions