Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I bought a single family home in Miami, Florida with three

Customer Question

I bought a single family home in Miami, Florida with three liens on it (which I knew about at the time of sale) from the county resulting from code violations by two owners ago on the swimming pool, the pool enclosure, and I think the missing gates on the perimeter fence. The county blew these up into $25,000 worth of liens. Several people led me to believe I would pay little or nothing because I inherited the liens, but now the county wants me to pay about $15,000. Is this usual practice? Is there a lawyer who can help me with this?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Was the sale an auction sale that the county was conducting? Or did you buy it from the owner directly?

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.