Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I have a breached contract by an IRT Capital corp ( at this

Customer Question

I have a breached contract by an IRT Capital corp ( at this point on their behalf and mine). The have continually breached the agreement from day one. The agreement in place is clearly an exculpatory contract. Ive neglected payment after investing to improve the property (some improvements by nature of the project can never be removed). They have filed against me. What is the remedies i have in stopping eviction etc. with this tissue paper contract.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What you need to do is file your answer and counter suit against the company for breach of contract. If they are suing you and trying to evict you, then all you can do is file a suit against them or countersuit for breach and as part of that suit you file for a stay of the eviction against them in court. If you have not obtained a local attorney yet, it is in your best interests to do so and to use a local consumer protection law or real estate litigation attorney to get the breach claims filed against them to use that to stay the eviction.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.