Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

I have 6 vehicles on my property outside city limits all are

Customer Question

I have 6 vehicles on my property outside city limits all are registered and legal do I have to move them if the village of kiantone tells me to or they will fine me for each vehicle
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Jamestown ny village of kiantone 14701 zip
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no they told me before all vehicles had to be legal you can have 1 unlicensed vehicle now they say I have to get them out of my yard
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have a lot of trouble with the lady next door shes always on the phone turning us in for something.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 18 days ago.

You need to inquire of the city about the code violation number that it is relying on to tell you to move the vehicles and then come back here with it so that we can better assist you. That said, it is possible that the city has a code regarding aesthetics which would preclude you from having too many vehicles [even if registered] on the same property. However, in your case, where you vehicles are located outside the city limits, the city may have little legal basis to issue you any citations.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.