Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

I am in Colorado and the Personal Representative for my

Customer Question

Hi, I am in Colorado and the Personal Representative for my parent's estate. They have a time share in California and I am wanting to deed it back to the company. I was contacted by Chicago Title and they told me I need to do an "ancelliary property" in San Diego County. What does that entail, how expensive is it and do you have an attorney you could recommend?
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?
Customer: I don't have the contract
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: For?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 18 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Is the timeshare company willing to accept the deed for the timeshare back?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
but it is the barrier of it being an "ancelliary property" and they say I need a California attorney to fix that.
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

An ancillary proceedings for an estate, means that a petition for ancillary estate has to be filed in the probate court in California and it would be impossible to estimate the amount of legal fees that such process might cost, since each attorney / law firm sets his/her own rates but an average attorney's rate can range from $200-$500 an hour and you can contact several probate attorneys in California and obtain quotes from them, so you can choose the attorney that is reasonable and experienced to help you.

I am not permitted to refer JustAnswer.com customers to any specific lawyer of law firm, but you can find an experienced and skilled local California probate law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to probate law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.