Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I signed a contract for a roofing job. My husband did not

Customer Question

I signed a contract for a roofing job. My husband did not sign and I am not on the deed. My husband is not to happy with me is there any way I can get out of the contract.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If the roofer hasn't done anything yet, you can contact them and just tell them that you don't own the home and your spouse won't agree to the contract. Since they could only sue for actual damages, if they haven't done anything or bought any non-returnable materials, they have no damages to sue for.

.

.

thanks