Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

My partner recently owned a mobile home in Phoenix Arizona.

Customer Question

Hi There! My partner recently owned a mobile home in Phoenix Arizona. He signed the title over to his ex-wife she now refuses to register the mobile home in her name because she does not want to pay the taxes on it
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ummm... sorry, thought i said Phoenix AZ
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Not that i'm aware of. once we signed the title over, we did nothing. now the taxes are due in my partners name because she never transferred title because she didn't want to have to pay for the taxes meanwhile it seems she has a tenant in the mobile home and may be receiving income from the rent. can we evict that tenant if the title is still officially in my partners name?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i guess not? i mean... i've tried to outline my questions
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 17 days ago.

If your partner has no personal liability for the taxes, then he can refuse to pay them and all that will happen is that the County will put the mold mobile home up for sale for delinquent taxes.It's easy to check that out with the County Treas. The other alternative is to go to the tenant and demand that the rent payments to him since the title is in his name. The tenant will probably refuse to pay either one of them, and that will prompt the X to do what she has to do to transfer the title.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.