Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Do you handle Mobile Home Park lease disputes? California,

Customer Question

Do you handle Mobile Home Park lease disputes?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: several new residents were not told this is a rent control park and put on 5 yr leases
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socallegalwork replied 17 days ago.

Hello. I might be able to assist. If not, I am sure one of the other experts will be able to help.

You mention a mobile home lease dispute. Can you describe in more detail the nature of the dispute?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I just paid $5 for one answer.... I do NOT want to be signed up for more. Please do not bill me for more. I moved here and was not told it was a rent controlled senior park. They put me on a 5 yr lease - as they did others in this park

You won't be charged for providing me with more details. This all falls under your original request for help. I just want to make sure we have as complete a picture as possible.

You signed a 5 year lease and were not told the park is rent controlled. Is the rent you are being charged in excess of what they are allowed to lease it for under the applicable rent control laws?

Or is your problem simply that you just did not know, were never told, it was rent controlled before signing the lease?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the rent is $700 and I should be paying $530 ( this was the amount approved by the city of Ventura on March 1, 2016.) this has occurred to a number of other residents also.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have Not received an answer to my question for five dollars now you want to charge me $36. I want out of this entire process I am not joining any memberships I have not gotten an answer . I want all money returned. I will be talking to my credit card tomorrow.