Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I am a Board member and I requested our President that I

Customer Question

I am a Board member and I requested our President that I would be able to meet with our Treasurer and I wanted to pick up a copy of our member list. The reason for this is the count of developed lots being used by our Treasurer was incorrect. He answered for the Treasurer and said he nor she would let me on her property where the records are kept, to get a copy.
I than made the request under the authority of the Pennsylvania Planned Community Act which has been ignored.
Our By-Laws state: Treasurer: Records shall include, without limitation, chronological listing of all receipts and expenditures on account of the Association, the amount of the dues or special assessments if nay for each lot owner. The foregoing financial records shall be kept at the Association’s office and shall be available there for inspection by lot owners during normal business hours.
Has he violated the PA Planned Comm Act?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 20 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 20 days ago.

You should make a written request referencing the law here here and that her failure to make these available is a violation of the law.See what response you get here.I agree with you she seems to be violating the law.You could sue if you have to o here and may be awarded legal fees and costs/damages.

But make it in writing and send it certified mail so you can show delivery here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.