Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Ms>.. We live in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We are a community

Customer Question

Hello Ms> Wilson. My name is***** live in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We are a community state law abiders for real estate law. Father passed away and left mother in charge. Her share being 1/3 of the homes involved had never been probate as she wished. 5 heirs involved. Time has gone by and she held all estate as a landlord. She has recently passed away and 2 had been named with power of attorneys' for 7 homes that she collected rent coming from fathers inheritance when they married. Now others heirs are taking liberties and making docouments without proper signatures. 1 of the heirs has been appointeted as executrix. The others are taking false incorrect nortized deeds to court house and signing them over to themselves. My question is how can we stop them from this illegal activity?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Mexico
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Dad's will for the heirs is missing because of mom and the power of attorneys were filed and her will has been found. Problem is some of the heirs have lived in the homes where mom charged rent and went forward with some nortized deeds mom and them nortized by a young neice who is a felonist.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Trying to keep it simple as possible. thank you
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 24 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. My deepest condolences for your loss.

As the Executor of the Estate, you would need to file complaint in the same Court where your mother's estate is being administered and request that the Court issue an Order invalidating the forged deeds and to issue a cease and desist Order to the culprits from attempting similar things in the future. Once this Order is issued, you can file it at the land records where the forged deeds are recorded to inform potential buyers that the forged deeds are just that: forged and have no value whatsoever.

You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,