Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a home and raw land in to different parts of Ca, i

Customer Question

I have a home and raw land in to different parts of Ca , i purchased both properties from the same private party , he is also the lender but is not a licensed realtor or lender . The lender has not and will not provide m e with my yearly tax documents , so i can claim the interest i have paid on the loans . I have had the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau working on the case , they now tell me there is no state agency that can make the lender send me my tax documents , they say i will have to sue him . The second issue is the lender/seller signed a note in the escrow office during the escrow closing , agreeing to fix all of the dry rot damage on the house . After spending about 3,000.00 they stopped work and said they were not spending any more on the repairs . How do i move forward ? two separate small claim cases ? or one with both issues ? or will i need to do something besides small claims court ? I believe there is 7,000.00 to 8,000.00 needed in repairs .
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ca , the house is in San joaquin county and the land in Calavares county .
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how i should proceed .
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 23 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You can combine the issues into one Small Claim so long as the total amount claimed does not exceed the maximum amount for a Small Claim, which is currently at $10,000.00 for an individual. Click here for Small Claim information.

Goodluck with your case,