Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live in condo in Florida with 5 phases. Each phase is

Customer Question

I live in condo in Florida with 5 phases. Each phase is independent with respect to financials and rights to vote on improvements to their phase. However, when it comes to voting for a board member the bylaws stipulate that each phase is entitled to their own representative regardless of number of votes. However, if more than one person in the same phase runs for office, the voting is thrown open to all phases. This has resulted in a person being elected from a phase without a majority of that phases votes. In other words, other phases are electing our phase rep.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 3 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

What is your question please? Are you trying to determine if the practice is legal or are you interested in the process of how to modify the bylaws?

You are most welcome! Thanks for taking the time to rate, and enjoy the rest of your day!