Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Can people paRK CAR IN EASEMENT, WASH, NOT THAT I SEE, NO

Customer Question

can people paRK CAR IN EASEMENT
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WASH
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: NOT THAT I SEE
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 4 months ago.

Hello there --

-

Whether or not a car can be parked in an easement is directly related to the easement itself. Can you please answer the following questions for me:

A. Is the easement in writing and recorded at the property registry or is it just an area that people have been parking for a while?

B. Do you know what the terms of the easement are? When an easement is created it can be for specific purposes and if the easement is "overused" by people who were granted the easement, then it can be shut down.

-

Please give me some more information regarding where the easement is created, if it is in writing (and recorded?) and what your particular situation is and I will be happy to give you some suggestions for moving forward with this issue.

-

MARY