How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 36193
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I force the sale of my .ca home of which I own 40per

Customer Question

How do I force the sale of my .ca home of which I own 40per cent?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


If the owner owner or owners won't agree to sell, then you would have to file a "partition lawsuit" where you file suit against them and get a judge to order a sale of the property at public auction to the highest bidder. Any of you can bid to buy out the other owners or can let a 3rd party be the high bidder and purchase the house.


This is an absolute right that can not be denied so it is must a matter of getting the action filed so a judge can enter an order. Since the process is the exact same regardless of which attorney files it, you can shop around based on price and go with the least expensive attorney..





Related Real Estate Law Questions