Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

How do I force the sale of my .ca home of which I own 40per

Customer Question

How do I force the sale of my .ca home of which I own 40per cent?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If the owner owner or owners won't agree to sell, then you would have to file a "partition lawsuit" where you file suit against them and get a judge to order a sale of the property at public auction to the highest bidder. Any of you can bid to buy out the other owners or can let a 3rd party be the high bidder and purchase the house.

.

This is an absolute right that can not be denied so it is must a matter of getting the action filed so a judge can enter an order. Since the process is the exact same regardless of which attorney files it, you can shop around based on price and go with the least expensive attorney..

.

.

thanks