Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I own a property in Henn Cty Minn. I have a bankruptcy

Customer Question

I own a property in Henn Cty Minn. I have a bankruptcy closed in Feb 2016. The mortgage company did not get a reaffirmation agreement to me in time so I am not of the loan. How do I get my name off the deed?
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: I am in Minnesota. The bankruptcy was cleared in Feb of this year. The divorce was finalized in June. The property is now abandoned.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: What paperwork?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to get my name off the deed.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 25 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unless the bank forecloses, your name remains on the deed. However, you can fill out a quit claim deed to the bank and sign it and file it with the property records and mail it to the bank and that will transfer your name off the deed unless the bank objects to the quit claim deed.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.