Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I have question in reference to property rights. After

Customer Question

I have question in reference to property rights. After living in the house for 1 year she move out and has not given any financial assitance. My son who has been living in the residence since inception still resides at the property with me. Does she have a right to remove him form the premises being that she has not been financially paying for mortgage and since she has move stated that I am fianncially liable and have been paying mortgage only.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: What type of paperwork?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had requested for her to do a quick claim deed. She has indicated that she would file a eviction notice. Only because she wants him to pay a particular amount and I have not signed it. So because her name is ***** ***** property then she feels that she has that right even though she has not been paying. I stated that I am the one paying and if we can reach a median then I will agree but I am not signing something that I dont agree with and feel isnt reasonable based on the circumstance.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Since then she has moved and obtain other property. I am in the process of trying to assume the loan being that she has resided there not given any financial help.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Are both you and her on the deed? And is your son not her son?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We are both on the deed. My son is her brother.

Since you own half the property, you have a right to have someone live with you. So, she could not evict him. Basically, you would partition the house if possible if you cannot get along. She also is responsible to pay a share of the expenses and taxes. If you cannot agree to partition the house or split expenses fairly, then you would buy her out or visa versa. Or sell the house to a third party. We can discuss more if you want to do so.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars for the service I provided to you. Best regards.