Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

WE built a a new home and closed on our house December 2014.

Customer Question

WE built a a new home and closed on our house December 2014. Before closing we noticed our exterior bricks were very shipped and had many flaws. We did not want to close but were persuaded to do so and listed that this must get repaired as part of our closing agreement. Since this time they have tried to put a glaze over the brick which has not fixed the issue. I have reached out to everyone from our builder including the owner and I either do not get a response or they tell me it is the nature of the brick we chose. It is not. The same brick style in our selection process did not have these flaws and we have seen other homes that they've built using this same brick and it looks great. What is our recourse at this point?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 21 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your only recourse here would be to file lawsuit for specific performance--to force the people who agreed to fix the bricks to fix what they promised to fix or pay for the repair costs along with any damages resulting from the bricks not being fixed as promised.

You would need the services of a local Attorney who handles real estate litigation to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com