Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

12 November 2016 09:53 I'm finding it impossible to have any

Customer Question

12 November 2016 09:53
I'm finding it impossible to have any dialogue with the other (4) Board Managers, basically being ignored. It appears they believe my questions will go away. They are not willing to move away from their comfort zone of "same old, same old". Please advise on how I can effectively impact this adverse situation to our Condo Association.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

As I mentioned, my interpretation is that the Board may designate some powers EXCEPT the determination of the common expenses..." as it applies to the budgeting process. So, my interpretation is that the Board has to do it, not the manager. I am not sure what you are referring to when you say that you are being ignored. What is the issue?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Being ignored means I've asked for calendar dates to be included in the Budget process. I've recommended that all Board Members be there in person or send in their questions / concerns for discussion. The Board President just continues to reiterate that the Budget will be done by himself, our Property Manager & our Accountant with no consideration for what I'm asking. The issue is - How do I impact or motivate and bring concern to the Board to meet their Fiduciary responsibilities?

Isn't there a deadline for the budget?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
January 1, 2017

All I can think of is for you to be persistent in requesting the board to work on the budget to have it completed by January 1, 2017. There does not appear to be a breach of fiduciary duty at the moment from what you are telling me.