Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We are the heirs/owners of land in Jefferson, Marion

Customer Question

We are the heirs/owners of land in Jefferson, Marion County,TX. The Tax office can not find the deed or the survey of record that should be in their files. The taxes are paid. The Appraisal office has the affidavit from my sister and I. They have no specific record of the exact land plat and we need to clear the land. We have neighbors encroaching and dumping on our property.What can we do?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 27 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is there any deed at all in the records, even one from before you were the owners?

.

Or is this just a "lost parcel" that has never been surveyed or deeded to anyone?

.

How are the taxes paid if no one has a specific parcel ID to apply any payments to?

.

Who owned it before you?

.

.

thanks