Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I have a property manager who is harassing me and

Customer Question

Hi - I have a property manager who is harassing me and threatening me with eviction.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The property was not move in ready and they agreed to 14 days credit if I could provide a newly executed lease ( old property manager was fired) with a guarantor - my father. I was told that if I did this by a certain date and time I was to receive a 14 day credit towards my september rent. california
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I did this and have it all documented in writing from the office that this was completed. My October rent check was accidentally written out of the wrong checking account and was returned. I immediately replaced the check upon notification with a cashiers check. they are trying to go back and say that now I only get 1 weeks credit for September and that I owe them $1590 for rent in September.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I paid my rent in sorry - I had to take a phone call. ok
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

You should still get the agreed upon credit for two weeks. Being late with October's rent has nothing to do with the credit that they agreed to give you. It could be subject to a late fee, but not a full week's rent; and the late fee would have to be told or in writing upfront. We can continue to discuss if you want to do so.

If you paid the rent and they accepted it for both September and October, that would be some evidence of acceptance of the full payment and adhere to the agreement you had. We can continue to discuss if you want to do so.

Hello: I am following up to see if you still need further help. If so, please let me know. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars so you can pay me for the service I provided to you. Best regards.