Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live in a HOA community and own 2 condo's. #1/2 monthes

Customer Question

I live in a HOA community and own 2 condo's. #1/2 monthes ago the 2br flooded out due to bad piping. They started working on it, but nw have stooped. This is costing me $2300 dollars a month I already had someone moving in when this happened. They have stopped and I am still suppose to be paying HOA dues while loosing $2300 dollars a month. Having two Condo's and having off line for this long is killing me financially!
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: CA, and they have said that, yes it is their faul.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Somewhat, they have gutted the bathroom, and yes it has beenfiled thru my own Ins. ; State Farm, only so they would go up against HOA with me , they aalso agreed it was HOA's fault. THe other claim ws closed due it being HOA's fault all the way around.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I am going to have to take out a loan because I can not pay all the utilities HOA dues and have no $ coming in due to the one not being finished.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 23 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Was the flooding caused by the negligence of the HOA? For example, when the flood started, did the HOA delay in action to fix the piping in the common area? Or was this piping only in your unit?

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 19 days ago.

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.