Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Uuuugggh. My landlord (through a management co.) decided to

Customer Question

uuuugggh. My landlord (through a management co.) decided to put house up for sale. I agreed to be the one taking calls, scheduling and showing. Along with that, interested buyers, etc. were coming to the door at all times, and looking into the front windows and over the yard gate. I wrote the management co. suggesting and saying that I was planning on bringing over my son's dog during the weekdays when I was alone. (only my small yorkie was allowed in the lease) The management co. was here at least 5 times in the last month, saw the dog, we discussed the dog etc. Then on Saturday, I was delivered a notice to perform covenant or quit. I removed the dog. Is anything else required by way of a formal document to communicate I have complied with notice.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ca
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not by me. I received the covenant on Saturday at the door. I told him I'd return the dog to my ex-husband's house. I was going to shoot a note to management co. indicating the dog is gone, but wondered if there is a form I need to have served on him.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The management co. is also the listing agent for the sale of the house (I have a lease until June 2017) and had an offer. I told him I was not opposed to moving but not before January. He's not happy with that.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would appreciate a call at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I also never received a reply indicating having the dog here was not acceptable during this time, until the Management Co. came to the door on Saturday evening with the notice to perform covenant. WHAT form if any do I need to respond with or is a letter sufficient?
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. If you would like a call, you can select the call me button. There is an additional charge, so just let me know.