Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a complex legal question about the sale of my

Customer Question

I have a complex legal question about the sale of my property with regards ***** ***** closing of the deal which take place today
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wiconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Well everything has been resolved except the fact that I disagree to the inclusion of a value of $12720 which was meant to be taken on by the buyer as verbally agreed when the took on this sale and now I'm told that I have to assume the debt according to the divorce lawyer on my partners side or we loose the buyer today, my question do i have to sign and assume the debt or could I request a time to get full legal advice on the matter?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the forefront of my thoughts
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Can you share with me why this was never reduced to writing and included in the contract with the buyer? Why was it verbal and are they now denying this? In addition, can you share with me a little more as to where this $12720 came from?