RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I am a renter in south saint mn, I took on a roommate but it

Customer Question

I am a renter in south saint paul mn , I took on a roommate but it didnt workout ...I gave him a 60 notice on August first to be moved out by oct. 1 st . he has sence gone but left all his belogings here, what can I do to get rid of the stuff?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Minnisota
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he was late with his rent every month, drank my beer and never replaced it, used things from the home and left them onley to be found by fellow emploees on job sites, we work together
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 24 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Have you tried contacting him to retrieve it?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
won't give any answer to when

Thank you. At this point, it is best to provide them in writing, at least a 30 day notice to retrieve the items. You can share and advise them that if the items are not retrieved, you will dispose of them, unless they want to pay you a fee to store them. This way, you have documentation to show they vacated, left the items, have no intent to retrieve them and they are abandoned.

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 21 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!