Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I an working with FHA to get my com\do approved for FHA. I

Customer Question

I an working with FHA to get my com\do approved for FHA. I do not have any Articles of Incorporation. FHA says they want written verification that I don't need them. (my condo assoc. is only 2 units) Can you help me with this, or tell me who can help me?
JA: I am Pearl, the lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: I need written verification that Articles of Incorporation are not needed for my cy condo association. (2 units) can u help me with this.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I never received any articles in my original package. FHA is saying I need written proof that I don't need them.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

I know there are only two units and you say you received no paper work, but without the Articles of Incorporation, how can you show you are a corporation in the first place? In other words, the Articles of Incorporation is something used to establish the corporation. Here is a link to a sample:

http://www.lakeforestresort.com/disclosurematerials/articles-of-incorporation.pdf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know, but the association has been approved ed and re corroded at the rest rare of deeds.
.

If you do not have one like the one I provided, you would draft one similar to it. Generally, the condominium declaration, which is the document initially filed by the condominium developer (referred to in the Act as a "declarant") establishes the condominium. The association bylaws, articles of incorporation, and rules and regulations also are necessary documents. Even if you attempted to sell you unit, the law states that the association is obligated to furnish the information necessary for the seller to meet the disclosure requirements. We can continue to discuss if you would like to do so.