WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Ihave family property oin maryland that was in the court

Customer Question

Ihave family property oin maryland that was in the court system , I hired a lawyer who went against everything I ask him not to do but did it anyway and it benifit the other side. and then went to court and discontinued to be my atorney without me knowing and made an agreement to a contract I would not have ever agreed to it. I finally went to court not knowing that my lawyer would not show up but the other family member knew all about it . The judge award the the other member lawyer as single trustee for property, also thousand dollars was given to lawyer to the other party lawyer prior to the awarding of the contract, this was told later to me by my lawyer later.Now that the property has been awarded over a year and half ago no monies has been exchanged but the the person who awarded the contrct is making changes on the property has placed signs up to sell the property or to build houses on the property ,is not paying taxes, Iam still paying taxes on the land. this situation is the other party want to sell the property but I am fighting against it. I need help and guidance please help if you can
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 month ago.

I recomment that you file a complaint with the Maryland State Bar which will investigate and award you restitution damages for the bad things that the attorney did that caused you a financial loss.

Here is the link to file the complaint:

http://www.courts.state.md.us/attygrievance/complaint.html

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Filing a Complaint

There are two ways to file a complaint: You can print a Complaint Form, complete it in full and return it by mail to the Commission (the Complaint form MUST be signed) or you can write a letter to the Commission, include your name, address, and telephone number; the name, address, and telephone number of the attorney in question, together with a description of the complaint. (Receipt of the complaint will be acknowledged by the Commission within a reasonable length of time.)

Complaint Form PDF (fillable) or Word
Complaint Form Español PDF or Word

For more information, please read the Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland brochure and visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

For questions or additional information email *****@******.***.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 23 days ago.

Filing a Complaint

Complaint Form PDF (fillable) or Word
Complaint Form Español PDF or Word