RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I'm renting an apartment in West Hollywood, CA, and the

Customer Question

I'm renting an apartment in West Hollywood, CA, and the lease was supposed to expire on november 15th. I think they forgot about it, because they are reminding me to pay the rent of november when I was supposed to pay only for half of the month. I was wondering what could happen if I just stay at the apartment and I pay the full rent for the month of november.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 27 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. If you remain past the lease expiration date and pay the rent and they accept it, you would then become a month to month tenant. In order to terminate it, either party would need to give at least a 60 day notice to vacate, if you have resided there for over a year. If you do not want to be subject to this, you can vacate on the 15th when the lease expires or stay and convert the tenancy to a month to month.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 24 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!