Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am facing an eviction for tomorrow at 2:30. I tried to

Customer Question

I am facing an eviction for tomorrow at 2:30. I tried to file a bankruptcy but was told I cannot file one until June 2017. My mother who is quite seriously ill is living with me and it is risky at best to move her. My home is currently "owned" by Fannie Mae. I have the money to more than pay off the home but Fannie Mae told me I have to work through the assigned lawyer. I have called, e-mailed and faxed the lawyer many times but they will not respond to any of my correspondences. What can I do to stop or delay the eviction? I am ib Ohio.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Did you already go through foreclosure and was there a judgement of foreclosure that the Judge signed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The house was sold through Sheriff's sale and as far as I know there was not a signed judgement of foreclosure (at least I was not sent one
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I prefer to stay with the on-line chat for now

Most likely there was a judgment of foreclosure if the Sheriff is handling a sale of the abode. The only way to prevent it from happening is to request a stay from the court. That would almost be impossible to do in this time frame unless somehow you hired an attorney willing to take the case or attempted yourself to file papers in court this afternoon or tomorrow morning and hope they Judge is available to see the papers. Sorry about the news. I know the answer is not quite what you wanted to hear. The only other way is to keep attempting to contact the attorney or Fannie Mae, or attempt to go to the sale yourself and bid no the home. We can continue to discuss if you want to do so.