Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We rent a condo in Ponte Vedtra Florida fpr the last year

Customer Question

We rent a condo in Ponte Vedtra Florida fpr the last year and a half.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Hi Pearl. We reported the damage to the condo assoc who say they are responsible for the outside . Yes they immediately cemented known holes, but this rat is still inside. Chewed through woodworh and several of our personal furniture.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We reported this to Watson realty who represent the aowners. Our lease says we are responsible for the interior.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

I need to make sure I understand what is happening You rent a condo. There was some type of damage and the association made outside repairs cementing holes, but there still is a rat inside!?! I supposed Watson realty is the management company who represents the owners. You say your lease says you are responsible for the inside. Are you inquiring as to who should remove the rat?!? Have you contacted an exterminator or other type of entity??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, not yet. And yes to your questions. No Watson Realty want to contract a contractor first, to fill in the interior holes, before calling in an exterminator. That is what we are waiting for. I thought my message was detailed enough as to the history and facts of our case. regardless of when or who brings in an exterminator, we want reimbursement for the damage, and yes the damn rat out of our lives! This is no way to live. Someone needs to take responsibility for our damage.i.e. the owners Florida law when damage to personal contents seem to dwell on the side of the tenant, esspecially when we have completed our side of the agreement.
Damien, I will be happy to call you. Texting has its limitations sometimes - or the writer to explain or answer questions. Thanks,
Paul (Pedlow)

Hi Paul: Sure we can speak on the phone if you would like to do so. I will send you the premium service offer. When you choose it, we can arrange a time to speak. If you decide not to accept it, we can continue here also.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Damien. Thanks. Gotta pick up my dog. Can I call you in about 45 minutes? If thats too late, will call you tomorrow morning.
Cheers,
Paul

You can call me if not when you get back, then tomorrow.