John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

Can anyone do a quick in mi. or is it just between family

Customer Question

can anyone do a quick in mi. or is it just between family members
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: buying a cabin no liens on property , no back taxes owed and up to date on taxes
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  John replied 28 days ago.

Hi, I believe you are referring to a quit claim deed (ie.e, the seller does not warrant title or condition of the property)...don't worry I've heard lawyers refer to them as quick claim as well. The answer is yes, this form of deed transfer can be done between any two consenting parties. If the buyer is financing (i.e., getting a mortgage) to purchase it however, it is doubtful that the lending institution would allow the transfer in this form...they'd probably want a warranty deed (i.e., seller warrants title as well general condition of the property).

Expert:  John replied 28 days ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.