Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Home by giving my sister 165k to purchase it. however they

Customer Question

home by giving my sister 165k to purchase it . however they have found that not only did she purchase it for less . she has the deed in her name. we are trying to figure out how to transfer it back to him. she tells them she will but have taken loans against both properties. and just sold one for 79k only giving them 12k from the sale but neither home is in his name.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: florida for their house they currently live in. Polk county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no they want to but haven't done it. i have just got here to try to help them they are 67 and 72. with little info
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they need this done asap. before she sell this one and they are homeless.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 4 months ago.

Please provide more details. It sounds like this is the continuation of a question, but those facts are missing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my sister which doesn't have the authority to sell or buy homes.met my mom boy after the death of his wife which passed. he gave my sister 165 thousands dollars to purchase a home in Florida while on vacation here. after meeting my mom started dating and moved in together,My sister went house hunting with them. she handled the sale . telling them the house was 165 but she brought it for 130 thousands dollars. and kept the rest.then he purchased a rental home as well she handle it. they were trying to do something concerning taxes when they realized she was the deed holder of both. she keeps telling them she will transfer it but i kn ow she wont. she sold a house already without them knowing or wanting to.they never gave their consent to sell.. She is know and has a history for fraud. i acting now because she has monies from the rental home. and needs to give them the profit.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what if anything should they do at this point?

They will have to hire an attorney to force your sister to do what she was authorized to do with the money. Unfortunately, you have no standing to take action, so it is up to one or both of them to get the local legal help they need.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.