Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My landlord is taking me to court to evict me. I'm disabled

Customer Question

My landlord is taking me to court to evict me. I'm disabled with a child. The rent is 860 a month. U only took that apartment because I was in the Shelter cuz my other apartment burned in April. U had Section 8 but I lost cuz they said I wrote hearing letter late. Me and my son have mental illness and other things. What can I do. How long do u think court give me yo move
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Mass. Fall River
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: My landlord has served me with 14 days like 3 weeks ago. He bullies me. He came in to my apartment using his keys while I was home. No knocking
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm just scared. I never been evicted
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 30 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Hello. Sorry for your situation. Did you receive a summons and complaint yet? In other words, did you receive court papers telling you to answer the complaint and when a hearing will be?

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 23 days ago.

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.