Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

My home will be sold at a sheriffs sale this Monday and I

Customer Question

my home will be sold at a sheriffs sale this Monday and I know the buyer for it but do not want a direct contact with them how long do I have before I get an eviction notice the lady at the sheriffs sale office said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for the deed process I long would I have to redeem my property from the buyer should I be able to get the funds and does the 6 to 8 weeks accurate
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ohio cuyhoga county in cleveland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: bought at sheriffs sale how long do I have to move out and how many days do I have fo redemption
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

If it is a mortgage foreclosure sale, rather than a tax or judgment execution sale, then generally there is no post sale redemption right. However, some mortgage companies will agree to accept a full pay off, or sometimes just full reinstatement after the sale. In such case they would voluntarily agree to vacate and set aside the Sheriff sale. That is a special situation that must be worked out with the mortgage company and their attorneys, and you should not get your hopes up too high. There is no law that says they have to do that. Some sheriff's will not evict until the deed is issued, but others will do so immediately after the sale. Be sure to confirm the information that you were given with someone high up in the Sheriff's civil division. They may or may not have a backlog that would give you as much time as you think.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.