Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Idaho, Ada County TIC sale. I'd like to quitclaim my deeded

Customer Question

Idaho, Ada County TIC sale. I'd like to quitclaim my deeded portion of interest in an Idaho land TIC to a buyer. I plan to provide the Buyer with the TIC agreement and approval by the land TIC land manager, then quitclaim to the Buyer and record the quitclaim deed with Ada County. Is this a suitable and cost-saving way to transfer ownership or should I employ an Idaho Title company to do this as suggested by the land manager? DIY or Title Co?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

You really need to title company to prepare the documents and to get them properly recorded and signed , etc.This ensures a legal transfer and that there are no clouds or errors on the title.It really is a good idea as the land manager suggests here to make sure it is all done properly.That way you have no surprises or problems or at least they can be resolved.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is a reasonalbe legal cost range for an uncomplicated transfer?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

I would tell you $250 for the documents and filing them , it is not complicated as you say here.

Thanks for the follow up.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

If you have to do this yourself here are the quit claim forms

https://www.deeds.com/forms/idaho/quit-claim-deed/ada/

I know sometimes finances are tight.You can use these forms too if you have too.

Thanks again.