Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a real estate investment company. My company was

Customer Question

I have a real estate investment company . My company was going to purchase a property under contract . Once the property was under contract my company decided to assign the contract to another investor for a fee by (assignment of contact ). The investor agreed to purchase the property and pay a non refundable deposit on the assignment contact . The investor place the non refundable deposit in escrow with closing attorney. The investor later decided that base on the title search that he would not buy the property. The investor is not willing to fulfill his contact obligating of the non re fundable deposit to have it release. What right do I have to pursue this investor for breach of contract. This has taken place in South Carolina
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Does the contract have any provisions that would allow the investor to back out based on the information discovered by the title search?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The money on the original contract for escrow of 10.00 will be sellers full liquidated damages if buyer does not fulfill agreement . Buyer will be release if seller can not provide clear title. Also buyer agree to pay all closing cost .