Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I own an older mobile home in clearlake and a friends

Customer Question

I own an older mobile home in clearlake and a friends daughters young family would like to live there but it needs alto of work and I am worried that someone could get hurt. At witch point I may or my not be labile? So my question to you is there something I can do to so i would not be labile or sued.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and thank you for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer to your question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you

If you would like to talk to an expert over the phone, it is an extra charge. You can make a request for that if you would like. Would you like me to draft an answer or do you want a phone call?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please draft an answer

ok, give me just a bit.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks

If you sell it to them then your liability will end. If you rent it to them or let them use it then anything that is negligently maintained could cause liability. So if it is an older mobile home, you will need to maintain it and make sure that it is habitable (running water, heat, no pests, etc.). You cannot contract out of this liability except to simply sell it or gift it to them. You would be liable as a landlord basically.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?