Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

When I tried to gt a Hamp modification from Wells Fargo I

Customer Question

When I tried to gt a Hamp modification from Wells Fargo I got one excuse after another. They rejected a large part of my wife's income , they created a large and totally wrong negative escrow that pushed me out of the range for a Hamp mod draising my monthly payment from$3100 tyo $700 and assuring my default, and finally, after a year of delays, said that the investor they were servicing my mortgage for (Bank of America) did not participate in the Hamp program so there was nothing they could do except take my home or help me give it away-- someone told me that BOA had bundled their mortgages and allowed investors to purchase a share in the pool and it is the pool that does not participate in Hamp. I have loads of proof and detail.Robert Kamm(###) ###-####**@******.***
JA: The fraud examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the fraud examiner should know?
Customer: There is so much. When I called them for help in Dec 2015 one of their collectors recommended I skip 2 payments; they reversed themselves in part on the ridiculous escrow; they told me that I could not increase my payments to cure the two months default and mailed me a promo for just such a progrm after I was too far down to cure; they blocked the account from accepting payments at a branch and it was only with the help of the branch that I was able to make a payment. Incidentally, the Hamp instructions said to continue to pay your taxes and insurance while your Application is pending, and then paid my taxes a second time leaving me w/o $8400 I could have used to bring the mortgage current. Robert Kamm
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 month ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Have you filed complaints with the State Attorney General Consumer Protection Division? The FTC can assist as well as the CFPB.

Have you also tried to deal with a HUD counselor directly rather than going through Wells Fargo, who has been caught ripping off consumers for decades?