Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Termination agreement, is is ethical for an attorney to

Customer Question

termination agreement, is is ethical for an attorney to retain his/her fee from the lease deposit?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes, all termination agreement have been executed and the lease deposit has been give to the attorney who accepted it and wrote another check to client deducting his/her fees.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The attorney has written highly derogatory, inflammable, incorrect emails to client, demanding an apology, berating her in abusive terms, and has requested that her father demand an apology from her to him. He has been grossly negligent in timing, blaming the client when email dates clearly show it was his error.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

Although some of the other conduct you mentioned is not ethical withholding his fees as part of the sum he obtained is acceptable.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 25 days ago.

If you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.