Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I have paid for excel energy appliance insurance but they

Customer Question

I have paid for excel energy appliance insurance but they are unwilling to cover the costs of appliance replacement what should I do?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: mn
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing we started a plan last November in February we have replaced the furnace and last month replaced the dryer in the house
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What specifically does your policy say, is it a repair policy or does it state they will replace the defective appliance if it cannot be repaired?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It will only cover the costs of repair not replacement, but I will take that.

Thank you for your reply.

I asked because most all appliance warranty policies cover only repair of appliances that break, they do not pay you for replacing appliances. Home warranty policies you buy when you buy a house can cover appliance replacement if necessary, but not the appliance warranty policies. So, if your policy covers repairs, then that is all they have to cover is repairs and if the unit cannot be repaired then the warranty provides no further coverage on that unit.