RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

Please work on the question I previously asked you

Customer Question

please work on the question I previously asked you
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Do you know if the landlord screened the other tenant or did a background check? Do you know why they were attacked?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the person that was attack no reason accept the person that attacked had mental problems

Thank you. If the landlord is renting rooms and allowing random people to live together, they need to use due care and perform their due diligence and at least check out the tenant and their backgrounds. If there was no way for them to know that this person had mental health issues and were violent, it may be hard from them to be liable. However, now that they know, the person needs to be evicted and the police should be called as they will be arrested and charged with the attack

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He knew he had a background check. He had incident prior to that where he was violent to other renters before. If you were to trip and fall on my property I would liable. So this landlord is liable. If he didn't check the person background that mean he did not due diligence. I see the landlord should have no way out either way.

If he knew that he was putting the other tenants at risk by allowing him to live there and not disclosing it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me ask you a question. If somebody get hurt on property you on and it was your neglience
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
would you be responsible yes or no?
if I knew about it and failed to warn about the danger or correct it I could be liable