Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I bought 3.6 land over 10 years ago paying taxes for 10 or

Customer Question

I bought 3.6 land over 10 years ago paying taxes for 10 or more years nehbor say its part his I have had survey done encolusive cant find the dees no one has a dee to all property I was under the impression property was min clean it up than neighbor after ovger a 3 year period took down fence i had install erected a makeshift one put up posted sign startinged gardening what can I do legally person I bought land from has had stroke legal guardin of some one else she said she was not going to get in it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have been using the property and cleaning it up and now a neighbor is trying to claim it, you are going to have to go to court with a local attorney to file a petition for boundary dispute or adverse possession if it is found you may not own the land. You will need to go to the local county records office and seek to obtain the last deed on file to the property as part of your case and you need to present your evidence in court as to specifically what property you bought and also get the records from the property tax office to show what you have been paying taxes on as well to support your case.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.