Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Me and my significant other are no longer together. We had

Customer Question

Me and my significant other are no longer together. We had been living together and jointly fixed up a house together. The mortgage is solely in my name now and I have moved away and trying to sell the property. She wants to secure her money that she has invested in the sale of the house with a lien and a Lis Pendens and she wants to do a quitclaim deed as well. It is my understanding that a quitclaim will not remove me from the financial obligations, so when the house sells where does the equity go? Is it to me and then I settle the lien with her? I also have a government paid move, does that cancel out the reimbursement for closing costs for me?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Not yet that I am aware of
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not yet
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Who is on title to the home? Just you as well?