Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Benfante and I live in el cerrito, Ca. And I am being

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I live in el cerrito, Ca. And I am being evicted from my residence of over 12 years and I do not know why and I have not been served with an eviction notice. The landlord of the residence also lives on the premises but is currently I'll and in a nursing facility. I am being harassed and threatened by family members. The landlord and I have a verbal agreement and I have more than fulfilled my agreement with him. I need to know what my legal rights are and what to do concerning this situation.can someone please advise me of my legal rights as a Tennant. Thank you, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello Pamela. Thanks for using Just Answer. I will be the consultant who will assist you today. If you are in a verbal rental agreement, then it would be considered a month-to-month rental. Due to the length of time that you have lived there, you must be given a minimum of 60 days notice to move. Even then, a court order for eviction has to be obtained if you don't move out voluntarily. If you have not been served with a court order, then no one can force you to move, simply because they are a relative of the property owner. In fact, he, or his authorized Guardian or power of attorney are the only persons who can do so. This booklet will be very helpful in explaining your rights as a tenant. http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/catenant.pdf

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.