Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I received a letter of Tenancy - Notice to Vacate by

Customer Question

I received a letter of Tenancy - Notice to Vacate by November 1, 2016. I moved in on September 21, 2016. They told me that I was qualified and a Lease was signed. Is this legal and what are my options?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Indianapolis, In 46226. Management states that it is no fault of my own and apologize and will refund all monies..
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I don't understand when you say "filed"
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I have to vacate premise.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question, however, I am unclear on the facts. Why are you being asked to vacate your rental? Please be specific about that and your factual defense to the landlord's position. Just to be clear, do you have a year long lease and is this a privately owned unit?

I see that you read my request for more information, but not where you responded. If you did attempt to reply, it did not come through the system to me. If you still need assistance, I need that information in order to assist you. If you no longer need assistance, then you can contact customer service for the Site and request a refund of any deposit you might have left with them.