Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

My father had a trust a the person named as executor had

Customer Question

My father had a trust a the person named as executor had been changed . another family member had been added. There was one balloon payment my father had not received while alive. It was suppose to go into the trust. Never was done, Is there anyway to find out where it went.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Who is the current trustee of the trust?

.

Why didn't they follow up on what happened to the money?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
MY BROTHERS DAUGHTER DIANNA IS. tHE SECOND ATTORNEY TOOK OUR MONEY AND SAID GOOD LUCK.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Ok, if the payment was never made to father or the trust, then the current trustee would need to follow up with the buyer and find out who they gave the payment to. If someone received it from the buyer and then stole it, they can be prosecuted for theft and sued civilly for that money to go back into the trust.

.

So the first step is to contact the buyer and get that information and then decide how to proceed after that against whoever received it.

.

.

thanks